Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

My Collection of Headbands (Lots of pics)

Headbands have become my favorite 'go to' hair accessory  lately.  I have collected a nice assortment over the past 6 months.  I never wore any decorative headbands while I was locked (I don't know why and I wish now that I would have) but now you will see me with one almost every day.  I change them up depending on my mood and/or attire.  Here's what I've collected so far:

 These were purchased from the local beauty supply store for about $3 each.


My mom gave me this for Christmas. I think she got it from the Bahamas.
I wore it to a Black History program at school.


This one is my favorite. I got this from Cato Fashions for about $5.


This was in my Mothers Day basket from my son. :)



I purchased this in the Newark Airport (NJ) last month when I visited my family there.  It's made from candy wrappers by people in Mexico.  The black/white design is actually the bar codes from the wrappers.

 And it's reversible!  This side shows the nutrition facts from the wrapper.  Pretty awesome, huh?  This band was $15 and can be found online.  Just google cander wrapper headband (or accessories).  There are purses, wallets, bracelets, and keychains available.


This is one piece. It has an elastic band in the back.
Local beauty supply, $3.


Gift from mom.  Butterflies, flowers, and rhinestones.


 These both came from Claire's Boutique.
They were having a bogo sale on accessories at the time.
I love the peace one and ended up buying some peace earrings a week later.
The other one has glitter on it.


These are also from Claire's.
The brown one is a beaded elastic band.
The silver one reminds me of a disco ball.  The pic doesn't do it justice.

So as you can see, I have collected quite a few headbands.  And you can also see that I wear them with different styles.  I have to stop myself from buying a new one every time I go to a store with a hair section.  LOL.  Anyway, I hope you enjoyed my collection.

Til next time, thanks for reading.  Be blessed.







2 comments:

  1. I used to collect hairbands! They look cute! I still do-for my daughter-for some reason, I don't think they look as nice on locs. But alas, she's not into head bands!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl!!! Those are some BOMB headbands! I used to be the headband queen myself.. I'm seeing a lot that I like! Enjoying your blog, I'll be following you to check out your hair progress! :)

    http://mizzentice.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete