Search This Blog

Friday, November 26, 2010

Feature: My BFF Kenya

I featured my best friend, Kenya, on my other blog Honey Dipped Locs back in June. She is currently transitioning.  I want to share with you here what's been going on with her lately.  Be sure to check out the original feature.

She's so cute!!
(She debo'd that butterfly headband from me.
I had to go buy myself another one!!)


Her last relaxer was in December 2009 (she would only relax about 4-5 times a year) and she officially decided to transition in April 2010.  She almost always wears a two strand twist out and it usually lasts a week to a week and a half.  This is her routine and products:
  • Pre-poo: Olive oil and honey
  • Shampoo: Shea Moisture Curl Shampoo
  • Leave in: Cantu Leave In Conditioner
  • To twist: Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie and my homemade gel
  • Seal: Olive oil or Oyin Burnt Sugar Pomade
She's not really planning a big chop because she wants to maintain her length but she did cut about 2 inches off about a week ago.  That's the plan until all the straight ends are gone.  She has about 4-5 inches of new growth and her hair grows pretty fast (in my opinion).  All we talk about now is hair, our favorite youtube videos and/or products we want to try.  She is my greatest supporter and motivator (besides my husband).  Show her some love!

Til next time, thanks for reading.  Be blessed.




No comments:

Post a Comment