Search This Blog

Saturday, November 27, 2010

In the mirror with Mrs. Honey Dip

So I've been off work this week and let's just say that I've gotten to know my mirror (and my hair) pretty well.  LOL!!  I still haven't tried half the styles I've wanted to try yet.  I really don't want to manipulate my hair a whole lot because I'm terrified it's going to come out or break off.  Don't ask me why.  I've just been freaking out about my hair since it's been loose.  Example:  I was supposed to get a professional trim/shape up on Tuesday.  That didn't happen.  I freaked out!  I think to the point of making myself sick.  I woke up that morning with a horrible headache so I canceled my appointment. :(  I know, crazy, right?  Well, come to find out it was really my blood pressure that was making me sick but stressing out about my hair did NOT help AT ALL!!  I'm gonna try to get a handle on that.

So this is what I've tried so far this week:

The famous big flower on the side.
I think every nappy has a flower.

I brought out the specs for this one.
I look like I'm still in college (I wish)

Old 80s look.
Pinned up on both sides, somewhat of a frohawk.

I borrowed my husband's hat for this one.
I REALLY liked this one and ...

...decided to wear it out.
You couldn't tell me I wasn't cute!!

This is my Thanksgiving evening style.
Flat twist crown.

Me and my boo on Thanksgiving.

I had fun this week playing in my fro and accessorizing.  Too bad it's back to work next week. I think I'm going to wear a protective style for the week so I won't have to manipulate as much.  I'm still looking for a few more protective styles to wear this winter.  I want to grow longer, healthy hair because I don't want the loc take down to have been in vain.

Do you guys have any suggestions for protective styles other than two strand twists?

Til next time, thanks for reading.  Be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment