Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

One Week Loose

So my hair has been loose for 8 days now.  And I'm still in LOVE and still obsessed with my hair.  I just wanna share some things that I've noticed the past few days.  I've known for some time that my hair was thinning in the front.  I noticed it when I had locs and I'm still not too happy about it.  Look at this mess!

It's looks BAD and I get depressed just thinking about it. 
If ANYbody knows ANYthing that I can do about this, PLEASE let me know.
I'm very thankful that it's not that noticeable unless my hair is parted.


So Sunday was wash day.  I decided to detangle and just wear my hair as is.

It's pinned up on the side.
I wasn't really feeling it when I went out that day but 
as I look as this picture, it's not that bad.
My hair is actually much longer than it looks and I guess that's why I didn't like it.


Here  are  a few texture shots taken while my hair was still wet:
Back and side.  I'm really loving the color and I wish it was all over.

Tight, springy curls. Front view.



This is how I wore my hair today.
I didn't feel like being bothered.  It's just twisted under there.

I'm supposed to get my hair professionally trimmed  tomorrow and I'm very nervous about it.  I want to keep as much length as possible.  I'll definitely keep you posted on what happens with that.

I'm also thinking about coloring my hair but I don't know what color I want or how I want to do it (whole head or ends). I'm just a hair ball of emotions.

The last thing on my mind is how I'm going to wear my hair to the wedding of the year (in my circle) this weekend.  This couple has been together so long that people thought they were already married.  Anyway, these people haven't seen me since early October and I want to show off my hair. I was thinking about wearing an updo I call Humps and a Bump but it doesn't show my length.  So BFF suggested I find an updo that leaves some of the hair out.  I've been on youtube all night and I've come up with a few ideas.  I'll be trying them out over the next  few days to see which one I like best.  I'll definitely post pics so look for those this week.

So til next time, thanks for reading.  Be blessed.

4 comments:

  1. I like the updo! I undid a loc last week cos I fel tit was too fat compared to the others,divided in two..and felt a strong desire to undo them all. That time hasn't come..YET!Until then, I'll learn from you.Loving that you and your dearest also love your loose naps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I work with a lady who has been locked about 7 years. She has an area in the back of her head that she keeps loose (about 4-5 locs). She said she hasn't had the courage to comb them all out yet. LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try some Castor Oil or, if you can find it, Jamaican Black Castor Oil for those thinning spots! & Try not to do styles that put too much tension on the hair. I'd be 10x gentler with detangling in the thin spots as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your loose napps, I'm enjoying my loose naps as well. Although I don't have as much hair. I'm still in love with them and learning so much about my hair that I never did before!

    ReplyDelete