Search This Blog

Friday, July 15, 2011

Regimen: Then and Now

I've been meaning to do this post forever now. The funny thing is that my regimen has changed again since I first thought to do this topic back in May. So here, I'm going to tell you the different things that I've tried and the things that work for me now.

Pre-Poo
Then: none; honey & EVOO mix under cap for 15-30 min.

Now: coconut oil for 5-15 min.


Cleanse
Then: whatever shampoo I had; peppermint castile soap. Shampoo, then condition, no sections.

Now: cowash (cleanse w/ conditioner; detangle) in 4-8 sections.


Deep condition  (after every wash)
Then: Dr. Tingle intensive conditioner & hair mayonnaise mix all over, detangling as I go.

Now: Creme of Nature argan oil conditioner, hair mayonnaise & olive oil conditioner mix (detangling in about 8 sections then twisting) under 3 caps (plastic cap, shower cap, hair bonnet) for at least 1 hour.


Detangle
Then: Detangling while applying deep conditioner with a denman brush (half bristles removed) or wide tooth comb.

Now: Detangling while cowashing and again while applying deep conditioner in sections with fingers only.


To summarize, I am now cowashing in sections detangling as I go.  I do everything in sections now which has saved me a boatload of time, energy, and hair.  I wish I had tried this in the beginning.  I've read about people doing it but I've never been one to do what every one else was doing.  Lol!  But I guess that's why it's a journey.  My journey.  You live and you learn.



Til next time, thanks for reading.  Be blessed.

3 comments:

  1. LOL. i also read about sectioning online and when I first washed my girl's unlocked hair, I did it. Then one day I got lazy and just washed..NEVER AGAIN. (Though now I've restarted her braidlocks..)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You hair looks great....your regimen sounds like
    a lot, but then again I'm just lazy. I dont prepoo, but maybe I should. I usually detangle while co-washing, I think i should do it more often because Im sure thats why my ends are breaking off. I love CON's Argan Oil it works wonders for my hair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually V, it's not a lot. I actually spend less time doing my hair. Sectioning really speeds things along.

    ReplyDelete