Search This Blog

Monday, December 13, 2010

So far, so good

So my hair has been loose for almost month now (official update coming soon).  The newness is gone but I'm still loving it.  In this month, I've seen a lot of YouTube videos, read a ton of blogs, and done a lot of research.  I've been looking for styles, accessories, regimen ideas, and hair loss solutions.  This is what I've seen/heard/learned so far:
  • Jamaican Black Castor Oil.  A fellow nappy, Indigo, stopped by my site and suggested I try Jamaican black castor oil as a solution for my hair thinness. I did some research first then purchased some from JBC Distributors for about $10.  I like it even if it doesn't help with my thinness.  The oil is nice for moisture and shine.  It's also supposed to be good for itching and flakiness.  I also purchased some 2oz samples from Olde Jamaica Beauty Products.  I'll review all of these things in another post.
  • Cantu Shea Butter Leave In Conditioner.  This is what I use to detangle my hair after I shampoo.  It leaves my hair soft and manageable.  It has great slip so it makes detangling a breeze.  I use it every day when I twist my hair up for the night.
  • MegaTek.  I purchased MegaTek back in July when I had locs and I first noticed my thinning edges.  It was suggested to me for hair growth by another blogger.  I used it consistently for about a month and then stopped.  Not really sure why I stopped.  So I've started using it again every night just in the front when I twist for the night.  I've added the castor oil to help with the dryness that the product can sometimes cause.

What else have I done?
I trimmed my ends last week (Friday).  I took at least an inch off and it ended up shorter than I expected but I'm ok with it.  The above picture shows the trimmed fro.  Nobody has noticed the difference but I can tell.  I don't think I can do my humps and bump style anymore but I haven't tried it yet. 

I also added some color Saturday.  Dark and Lovely Deep Copper:
The color did not come out like that.
:-(


How I applied the color:
I sectioned my hair into about 12 ponytails (for even distribution)
and just colored the ends.


 You can see a slight color change, nothing drastic.  I like the color right here.
(without condish; with condish)
I used a lot of conditioner so my hair wouldn't be dry from the coloring process.

This is how the color looked the next day:
No one really noticed that either.   :-(  Oh well.
Hopefully it will lighten up as time goes on. We shall see.


Other things I've done:
Afro puff.
I won't do this style often (even thought it's cute)
because it pulls on my thinning edges.
Big NO NO!
 
 

Humps and a twist (no bump).  Instead of making the bang a 'bump',
I twisted it and swooped it to the side.  Added a headband for more flavor.

So as you can see, I've been busy this month.  I will do an update in a few days (and every month) so I can watch my progress monthly.

Til next time, thanks for reading.  Be blessed.



No comments:

Post a Comment